Friday, September 23, 2011

My Happiness Project :-)

Everybody deserves to be happy right?  I believe so, in fact, I know so!  I am so fortunate to be happy about so many things in my life and I try hard every day not to take for granted what I am grateful for.  But, there are some things that I am not so happy about, that weigh on me, that I know I need to change or do something about, but finding the courage, the time, the gumption to do so isn't always so easy.

I recently read an article in an old Good Housekeeping magazine that was about a Happiness Project.  A woman decided that she would take more time for herself and for the things in her life that made her happy.  She wanted to do an experiment to see if these things would truly make her life better and make her....well....more happy.  So she went ahead and make a conscious effort to every week/month concentrate on something in her life she wanted to change.  I fell in love with this idea!  I want to do my own Happiness Project!

So, I am going to tag all of my Happiness Project posts and hopefully learn some things about myself along the way.  I have a couple of things I want to tackle first and foremost that are attributes of myself I need to change, so those will be coming up shortly.

I think everybody should take time out of their busy lives with taking care of others, work, and all of their responsibilities in life to focus on themselves and what makes them TRULY happy.  What parts of yourself do you want to change?  What characteristics do you wish to posses or rid yourself of?  Think about it....its a deep dark subject, but one I have to get over being afraid of and tackle, head on!

And on a side note....Merry Mabon!  It is autumn equinox and time to celebrate life and all that it entails, good and bad.  So what a better time to start my Happiness Project than today?

Bright Blessings and Happiness to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment