Friday, January 7, 2011

The Blubber Diaries....day 3

Its day 3 and my head is killing me!  This low-carb diet really really works well for me.  Quite a few years ago now, I lost 28 pounds on this diet in like 8 weeks' time.  I went to a place called LA Weight Loss and followed their regimen.  I never felt tired, never felt hungry...in fact, I felt the best I ever have!  I looked foxy when I was done with that program and that is my goal to do again! That was about...hmmmm.... 13 years ago now....GOOD GOD HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG?!?!  Geeeeez!  That was even before I had kids so I have always had a bit of extra chunk to my munk :-)

But this time around, because I am getting old for some strange reason, I am kind of having a withdrawal type of reaction to severely lowering my carbs.  My head feels like I drank a bottle of vodka before bed last night and woke up all hung over this morning...for the past 2 days I have been so tired I have actually napped.while the sun was out a couple of times (thank god my hubs is home from work on plant shut-down for the week or I wouldn't have been able to sleep a bit because my 5-month-old daughter...well...she doesn't sleep during the day..*sigh*), and I just feel quite blah.  I am really hoping that this is gonna all go away in a day or so because I.don't.like.this!  Yes, i'm whining...waaahh!  LOL  But I figure it is for the greater good, right?

Tomorrow I do a morning weight check...buck naked on the scale (I know, not pretty, but its the only way to get a true weight) and am hoping that this agony bit of discomfort is worth it!!

Brightest Blessings!

1 comment: