Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Perfume review....Basic Instinct

I love perfume!  I think nothing makes a gal fell good like walking out the door smelling beautiful instead of like baby barf and peanut butter.  Yes, at home those are the predominant smells, but out there in the big world where you interact with other grownups, those scents tend to turn heads....and not in a good way :-)  So, I am always searching for new scents that make feel great and make me feel like.....a woman!  My all time fav scent is "Noa," which unfortunately you can't really find in the stores anymore.  I have found it online but have to scrape up the funds to get it for myself.  My hubby just bought me "Fancy" for Xmas and I love that one!  Its a very soft scent and very feminine scent.  It works great on me.

For the last few months we have been low on funds...like most other families out there...and I haven't had much spending money to get myself some smell-good.  I will confess...I resort to using the sample strips you find in magazines...don't laugh!  IT WORKS!  Desperate tmes call for desperate measures and I need to cover up the baby barf and peanut butter smells, so you reach for what works!  And I have to tell you, I can change my scent every day and it doesn't cost me a penny!  Nice huh?  Just grab that paper, open the little flap where the sample smell is, and rub it on!  I know it sounds completely weird and absolutely desperate....but as I said....

But anyway, the review I have for today is of a scent called "Basic Instinct" from Victoria Secret.  Basic Instinct Victoria`s Secret for women
My mother got it as a gift from my dad and she doesn't really care for the scent.  She asked me if I wanted it and, thinking of my magazine sample strip desperation times, I told her I would give it a go.  Maybe it would smell better on me and work with my body chemistry and I will love it.  I decided to try it when I wasn't planning on leaving my house so that if I reeked I wouldn't be all self-conscious in public.  So tonight I am at home and working so sprayed some on.  At first, I agreed with my mother, it smells kind of old ladyish.  But then I thought I will give it some time and maybe it will mix with my natural scent and I will like it.  Well, its been a couple of hours and the scent still fills my nostrils.  You know how most times you smell a perfume for a few minutes after you put it on and then your nose kind of gets used to it?  Well my nose just isn't doing that with this scent.  It doesn't smell horrible....but it is kind of strong.

I went online to see what other ladies said about it and most say that they love it, that it is a sexy and seductive scent and that they get compliments from other people when they wear it out.  Its more of a night out type of perfume, I'm thinking.  I will have to give it a shot...wearing it out in public and seeing what folks think.  I worry though that I will smell like an old lady and would almost rather smell like baby barf and peanut butter LOL  I won't give up on it just yet...everybody deserves a second chance...even a perfume.

Brightest Blessings and Nighty Night!

2 comments:

  1. I do the magazine rubs too haha!! I will have to try this.

    new follower.

    http://adventuresofaminnesotamom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Thanks for following! I will surely be checking out your blog as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete