Monday, January 3, 2011

The NEW YEAR!

Holy crap! Its 2011...seriously?  This last year was full of ups and downs, backs and forths, but all in all it was a pretty good year!  We have a new baby girl and an amazing little son.  My life is feeling more and more like what I would like it to be.  Baby steps, I always tell myself.....baby steps.

I'm not really big on resolutions per se, but I do think that I will make some loose goals for myself :-)  This last year I worked really hard on getting my house in order, getting things organized, making a schedule to follow, that kind of stuff.  This year is gonna be the year of ME! Sounds a bit self-involved, I know, but I take care of everybody else first and have read and heard many times that you have to take care of yourself first and then you can take better care of the other people in your life.  I'm giving it a shot!

I want to define my own style and look.  I want to learn more about hair and makeup.  I want to walk with confidence in high heels.  Oh, and of course, I want to lose 20 pounds, but that is a given, no need to really mention that right?  But I have always been kind of a wallflower and have never really busted out of my little shell, so this year I'm gonna do that!  Its about time, right?  I turn 35 next month and figure that its about time to be me!  I have always been a tomboy and have been pretty comfortable with that, but lately I find myself looking at more sparkly and girly things. Maybe its because I have a daughter now and I am letting myself be okay with pink and sparkle and lace.  But I really am liking the girly girl stuff :-)  So I am exploring the girly side of me...it should be fun!

I have a list of other loose goals too but I won't go into detail here, at least not at the moment.  I will have to work on one thing at a time and will talk about it as I go....that's a good way to go about it, I think :-)

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Lets hope this blog gets read, that I learn a few new things and maybe teach a few new things through this fabulous new year!

Today is bogged down a bit with household stuff.....I have to make a menu plan for the week, fold some laundry, and do some computer stuff I have been putting off (procrastination is another thing I would like to work on this year, cuz I seriously have issues with that :-)  I have some cutouts from fashion mags and such I want to kind of organize up a bit to get myself going on a trail to style...lets see how it goes!

Brightest Blessings!

1 comment: